Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reading Time! / Book of the Week!

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

 

I received Hollow City for my birthday (March 29th) which is the second book to Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I read Miss Peregrine's a few years ago, so I decided to read it again before I read the second book. Miss Peregrine's is about a sixteen-year-old boy that goes to a remote island to find an abandoned orphanage to figure out what his grandfather meant by (*semi-spoiler alert*) his dying words.
 
Miss Peregrine's is filled with haunting vintage photographs throughout the book that go along with the story. I think they're really cool and creepy. They were the reason why I bought the book in the first place, but I ended up liking the story as well. :)
Here are a few pictures that are in this book: 


 
 
It's really hard for me to buy books even though I love reading. I'm always scared to buy books, then end up never finishing them because I don't like them. I've only ever bought books that I knew I would like or that I fell in love with at the store. This is one of the books that I just fell in love with because I liked the pictures so much.
 
I don't think I've read enough books or know enough about writing books to be able to give this book a review, but I don't have any big complaints. I found out there was a second book recently and I wanted it, so I'm going to guess that I liked the first book. Even if you don't like the story, you still have creepy cool photos to look at. I really like she size/shape of the book as well as the paper on the insides and the outside (hard back) of the book. (Without the paper cover.)
 
I've always wanted a huge bookshelf with a lot of books. I'm not a kindle type of person, so it definitely matters to me what the book looks like. If the book isn't attractive to me then I probably won't go look at it unless I know that I'll like the story. I think I would recommend this to y'all. So go check it out if it interests you! :)
 
 
Thanks For Reading! :)
 
 
 
I will be reading Hollow City next! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment